Return to Careers
Application Architect – Filled!
As the CLIENT Architect on the IT Products & Engineering team, you are central to our strategy of establishing a unified family of software products and services, and will be empowered with the latest tools and technologies to help drive and shape the future voice of small business across America for years to come. Use your expertise of architecture design and complex systems implementation to help lead the strategic discussions and technical tradeoffs to influence proper product design, while coding side-by-side with the team to help lead by example and ensure the quality development of both our products and engineering excellence.
- Quality Architectural designs, documentations, and engineering excellence standards that are flexible, portable, reliable, scalable, testable, and very easily usable by all customers and support our Apple iOS apps on iTunes, Google Android apps on Play, and .Net MVC web apps and RESTful online services
- Translate leadership vision and business requirements, advising team members and stakeholders on technical issues, while owning and maintaining the ‘big picture’ vision
- Balance and separation of stakeholder concerns, maturity of quality-driven approach, chosen architectural patterns and practices, and overall conceptual integrity of products and services
- Collaborate and coach product teams to champion architectural understanding and decisions
- Map and reduce unnecessary dependencies between architectural components
- Reinforce standardized governance to balance planning, design, implementation, stabilization, release, and support throughout each Sprint in fast-paced, multi-product, Scrum environment
- Consistently push for innovative efficiencies in our systems’ architecture and application designs
- Use sound judgment to make the best possible timely decisions and deliver on Sprint commitments to always ensure stabile, quality product is shipped on time
- Continually grow and share knowledge in current development methodologies, business processes, and organizational strategies and perpetually reevaluate the technical vision, competing visions, and emerging technologies to provide insight and inspiration
- Minimum 8- Years relevant experience and demonstrable skills, designing, developing, and actually shipping business critical application software products
- Experience designing complex and commercially successful business solution software products
- Experience with Test-driven development, Team Foundation Server, and MSBuild
- Experience coding iOS Objective-C in Xcode, and Android Java & C in Eclipse highly preferred
- Talented negotiation and diplomacy skills to help shape opinions and drive adoption of definitive best practices, patterns, and behaviors
- SCRUM methodology and MSF for Agile Software Development experience
CLIENT is America’s leading small business advocacy association, fighting to give small and independent business a voice in government policy-making. CLIENT offers a competitive compensation package with comprehensive benefits. These positions are located in our Nashville, TN office.